Skills: Engineering Manager, Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To ensure that there are inspection/integrity procedures and systems in place and implemented. To co-ordinate and action the results of related inspection/maintenance activities on the Operations Integrity Assurance Scheme, for the Integrity Management of pipelines, risers and infrastructure associated with our client’s assets and pipelines in accordance with the relevant parts of the contract as required.
- Ensure Regulatory and client standard compliance
- Support Line Manager (LM) in management of Oceaneering contract providing assurance on technical delivery and cost management
- Assist in the development of appropriate annual budget and manage the CTR (Cost, Time & Resource) process
- Provide pipeline support to our clients which includes inspection/maintenance activities for the Integrity Management of pipelines, risers and infrastructure in accordance with the relevant parts of the contract as required
- Responsible for compliance with relevant Technical Practices and Safety Management System documents; and review revisions and feedback from client Integrity Focal Point
- Provide technical leadership and authority in designated discipline, designating work where applicable to junior engineers within their technical capabilities, review and check junior engineer output
- Develop and maintain all relevant pipeline and subsea documentation
- Preparation of inspection and corrosion data for input into RBA reviews/and (or) client presentations and meetings
- Assist with the implementation of an Integrity Risk Management Process, aligned to the client Risk Management Process
- Produce inspection strategies and implement them for pipelines, risers and ESDV’s
- Assist in the production and ongoing management of the asset annual inspection plans and Integrated Field Planning (IFP) compliance
- Manage and implement internal and external inspections. Review data and results to assess the remaining operational life of the pipelines. Update inspection procedures to reflect results as appropriate
- Define monitoring data requirements for pipeline integrity and review and interpret monitoring results, review and advise on pipeline re-analysis requirements
- Coordinate third party inspection contractor activities and progress any resulting recommendations, e.g. the results of ESDV operational closures and leakage testing, updating and issuing of the following plan
- Asset lead for pipelines for implementing the anomaly process including recommendations from inspection anomalies and failures, i.e. IQ anomaly and RO reporting process
- Compile and review annual report, including Technical Integrity Assessment documents for the above for presentation to the HSE or relevant authorities. Review and amend procedures resulting from new or changes in legislation
- Attend TAR Meetings, RBA meetings, Asset Integrity meetings and technical practice documentation reviews as required and maintain appropriate levels of contact with asset teams and third parties to ensure an effective inspection and integrity service
- Provide support to verification activities related to applicable performance standards
- Support LM in production of Oceaneering monthly performance management report (e.g. dashboard)
- Input into annual reporting as directed by LM
- Assist the LM to achieve Key Performance Indicator (KPI) deliverables and overall management of the service
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has supervisory responsibilities. Directly supervises Technical Assistants and Graduate Engineers . Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Role will report to the Principal Engineer.
- Technical oversight of an Assistant Engineer.
- Degree in Engineering related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of specific experience related to the job description
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering, corrosion management, NDE, subsea practices and related legislation and codes of practice
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving and a good communicator, both written and verbal
- Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems and procedures, NDE technique
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data;
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality;
- Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control;
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.