Skills: Drilling Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Well Servicing & Testing, Wireline
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Downhole / Wireline Engineer will provide to operations, engineering, design, and analysis capabilities to support the subsea intervention systems and auxiliary equipment.
The Engineer will be assigned to the Intervention Services group as an operational engineer. Engineer will be teamed up with existing engineering team to provide project execution and operational support documents, engineering analysis and project engineering for Intervention Services. Engineer must be willing to travel offshore, both domestically and internationally.
While in the Intervention Services group, the engineer will:
- Perform engineering duties necessary to prepare systems and personnel for offshore campaigns. These may include:
- Design modifications to existing equipment
- Design of enabling equipment, such as test fixtures, handling aids, etc.
- Participating in operational risk assessments
- Preparing scopes of supply
- Providing cost and labor estimates for proposals
- Performing project-specific analyses and calculations
- Preparing project-specific procedures
- Provide support during the manufacturing, testing, and assembly phases of a project
- Provide support to offshore campaigns, from both the office and offshore
- Interface with customers, project managers, and technicians
- Provide engineering status and progress reports
- Support project engineers during all phases of project
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will report to the Manager, Operations Support Engineering
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Ocean Engineering or equivalent degree.
- 7+ years of engineering experience
- Experience with Downhole Wireline Operations
- Experience with Downhole General Operations
- Experience with electro-hydraulic control systems
- Knowledge of subsea intervention systems is strongly desired
- Knowledge of riserless well intervention is strongly desired
- Knowledge of operations in the subsea industry is strongly desired
- Knowledge of Wireline systems is desired
- Experience performing FEA, structural calculations, global riser analysis, and hydraulic analysis
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Experience with AutoCAD, Solidworks, or other CAD packages
- Ability to work within tight deadline windows
- Ability to work under general direction
- Ability to work in a high-pressure onshore/offshore environment
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.