Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for general operation of the global SIS business. This includes the financial performance of the business and ensuring that the department is operating towards the forecasted objectives. Together with the regional management team, the SIS general manager Is accountable for delivering SIS services to all regions and committed to successfully growing the technical inspection requirements to our global client base. This Includes managing the development of emerging technologies, ensuring that the methods are standardized across the regions, maintaining Oceaneering high standards of safety and continuing to provide a world class service for advanced Inspection technologies.
- Global role for all of SIS, looking after best in class equipment, personnel, training and R&D. Responsible for keeping OII at the forefront globally In using the latest technology .
- Liaison with equipment suppliers and where deemed strategic assisting In the development of technology. Maintaining and growing OIl's profile in the market, Including developing with BD the necessary sales and marketing materials and presence, delivery of conference papers etc.
- Co-responsible with the regions for developing annual and strategic sales and, utilization and profitability targets, manpower planning, equipment maintenance and update.
- Develop regional and contract specific delivery models, to maximize the implementation of technology Particular emphasis on the provision of personnel and equipment on a global basis for the optimum cost. Development of global SIS leadership team including regional technical leads and regional competent sales force.
- Development of SIS global team process and procedures.
- Build and manage customer relationships at a senior level.
- Actively promote other Asset Integrity and Oceaneering Services to current and prospective customers.
- Accountable for the fulfillment of Oceaneering's contractual obligations In the region's portfolio.
- Assist with specific projects as assigned.
- Ensure that best practices, technology, techniques and Innovation are developed and Implemented across all Asset Integrity business units.
- Ensure that Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Work closely with global HSE leads to promote a strong HSE culture at all times.
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant In their environment and dally work
- Ensure that business and HSE risk Implications of integrity Issues are clearly Identified and assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous Improvement of the environment.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
Directly supervises personnel within the SIS global team In accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities Include Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, end directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Master degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum 10 years experience with Inspection related work with at least 5 years in a managerial role.
- Experience with the delivery of financial targets, budgets and proposals.
- Familiar with QA/QC systems and procedures, service quality and customer satisfaction knowledge of MS office.
- Familiar with planning software (MS Project, Primavera).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience to Industry and Oceaneering Challenges.
- Ability to supervise and lead project teams of multi discipline professionals.
- Ability to generate a tea, approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work independently in challenging circumstances and use initiative to propose and implement changes to work practices.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, shop planning, codes engineering drawings and specifications or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely as well as write clearly and informatively.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of Instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Understands business implications of decisions.
- Understands Organization's strengths & weaknesses.
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.