Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position serves as functional tax support for the European region including, but not limited to, the company's UK, Norway and Switzerland operations. The Senior Tax Specialist is responsible for supporting the Tax Manager, Europe in providing the necessary (1) tax compliance and provision support for local statutory financials and consolidated US parent company reporting and (2)tax planning support to the region. This position will have a significant focus in the company's UK operations and tax compliance. The job functions of this position will encompass approximately 60% tax/financial reporting and compliance and 40% planning.
Tax compliance functions include, but are not limited to, supporting the Tax Manager, Europe with:
- Ensuring that the company is tax compliant within operating jurisdictions
- Coordinating tax filings and information requests with 3 rd party service providers
- Facilitating resolution of tax audit exercises within the operational jurisdictions
- Assisting in preparing transfer pricing documentation, especially regarding intercompany transactions
- Supporting the functional group efforts around various indirect taxes such as VAT, GST, payroll, etc.
- Ensuring, recording and advisingon accounting for income and deferred taxes within operating jurisdictions
- Identifying and evaluating corporate income tax uncertainties
- Developing and complying with internal controls around tax reporting
Tax research and planning functions include, but are not limited to, supporting the Tax Manager, Europe with:
- Providing international tax advice regarding structuring of new business, projects, client and supplier agreements
- Undertaking permanent establishment reviews and making recommendations as needed
- Assisting with international restructuring planning and implementation
- Assisting with international acquisitions
- Keeping abreast of new legislation and developing best practices
- This position hasno direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Tax Manager, Europe
- Bachelor's degree (Business, Finance, Law or Accounting)
- Minimum three (3) years post qualified experience (PQE)
- Fluent in English
- Qualified Accountant and/or Chartered Tax Advisor (CA/ACA/ACCA/CTA)
- US tax and GAAP knowledge
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft
- Knowledge of other European languages
- Experience with multi-national organizations with general experience in multiple European jurisdictions
- Strong experience of UK corporation tax and tax compliance and solid track record of dealing with HMRC
- Proven track record in tax compliance & planning within a multi-national business or Big 4 tax experience or equivalent
- Experience interacting with and coordinating multiple business functions
- Global Thinker and Creative Professional who can contribute in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills with a pro-active approach towards the desired result
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members and drive results
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from external and internal customers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of laws and regulations
- Ability to explain complex tax issues to non-tax professionals
- Resilient professional with tolerance of ambiguity
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.