Skills: HR - General, Logistics Management
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Global Mobility Resource Coordinator will contribute to the optimisation of the global mobility program, with the main responsibility of ensuring the Operations Groups are provided the most suitable options of available personnel for a project. They will provide dynamic, innovative and dependable solutions for all resourcing assignments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Global Mobility Supervisor - UK, co-ordinate crew scheduling for offshore jobs through Encompass and other Operational crewing schedules
- Provide crew for operational requirements. Crew competency information and ability will be reviewed to create a good balance of expertise on board and ensure the right crew is selected for customer specific requirements.
- Obtain and issue local helicopter check in times for travelling crew members.
- Ensure Payroll codes are active
- Responsible for issuing the Assignment Letters as required
- Liaise with UK Operational teams on a day to day basis to discuss project requirements
- Schedule crew when required
- Communicate employee movement and employee relations information to Project Managers to ensure effectively staffed projects
- Manage the coordination with preferred manning agencies according the set requirements and procedures
- Prepare and maintain crew lists and reports for review by the Global Mobility Manager - UK and local Operations Manager.
- Communicate with local HR and ensure the complete and accurate maintenance and update of employee information in the HRIS on a daily basis
- Monitor and review leave requests with operations to ensure staffing levels are appropriate
- Monitor crew days in country for international assignments to ensure company & personal compliance.
- Monitor crew ability on each project to create a good balance of expertise on board
- Liaise with mobile employees, Project Coordinators and Project Managers to ensure issues regarding HR/Crewing are effectively resolved.
- Answer 24 hour service phones for weekend cover and after office hours on an agreed schedule and route calls, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Continuously review the operation and make recommendations to the Global Mobility Supervisor - UK and Operations on how to enhance the process
- Provide support and guidance to Operations Managers as necessary with regard to diversity, employee relations, progressive discipline and performance management issues, with guidance from the local and Corporate HR Manager
- Booking Flights/Accommodation/Car Hire as required for Personnel Travel
- Raise travel/accommodation requisitions
- Assist with any business visa and work visa applications required by Oceaneering personnel
- Allocate Junior techs in third men positions. Ensuring an equal balance of current crew is maintained
- Assist with any PPE requirements for mobile employees.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to
ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and
contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
Reporting to the Global Mobility Lead - UK
Working within the regional Global Mobility team
Working with the global Global Mobility teams
Working to support UK/Europe business lines
Personnel Logistics/Coordination Experience
International Assignments experience
UK and International Visa experience
Oil and Gas offshore rotational experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Maintains confidentiality
- Prioritizes and plans work activities to use time efficiently
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Displays original thinking and creativity
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Commits to additional hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
- Gathers and analyzes information skilfully
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses
- Pursues training and development opportunities
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills and share expertise with others
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Gives and welcomes feedback
- Displays willingness to make decisions
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and able to supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.