Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Skills: Planner / Scheduler, Project Controls
Other Skills: Cost Control, Scheduling, Planning, Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Project Controls Analyst / Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining Earned Value Management (EVM) tools for construction scope of work, Total Installed Cost (TIC) and cash flow forecasts. This includes monitoring and analyzing capital project for cost and schedules performance, as well as, maintaining and working with the existing reporting tool to capture all key project controls KPIs to achieve best-in-class results in capital project predictability. The Project Controls Analyst/Engineer will report directly to the Project Controls Manager / Supervisor but will support all construction team members daily for progress tracking and reporting the same to project management team. This role requires the ability to use advanced and up to date integrated project controls software systems for capital projects, particularly construction phase. Primavera P6 proficiency is required.
• Participate in the review and approval of baseline packages from External Contractors.
• Distribute project budget to baseline WBS according to the Project's Execution and Contracting Plan.
• Align cost forecast and cash flow with the project's execution schedule.
• Prepare monthly EAC forecast for PM review and approval.
• Prepare Earned Value Weekly Reports and issue with analyzed reporting components.
• Ensure that internal and external project schedules align in the Master Schedule.
• Track installation rates and weather related inefficiencies continuously to project completion dates.
• Assist PM with Contingency management, by tracking EWR's and notifying Contingency Balances.
• Attend Site meetings and assist with timely resolution of pending EWR's.
• Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project controls information to the project team.
• Work directly with key stakeholders, project managers and project engineers at their respective locations or within their business area to answer questions and resolve Project Controls issues.
• Prepare reports and presentations associated with the above requirements.
Skills & Knowledge Required
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Engineering or equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in pipeline, process plants or other oil and gas industry construction
• 5-10 years related work experience in project controls / project planning
• 5-10 years Primavera P6 experience and scheduling in a construction environment is an asset
• Able to travel and relocate to Construction site as needed for temporary period of time
Previous Capital Project experience from working in oil and gas production, construction of major facilities, power generation or public infrastructure is a plus
• Advanced knowledge of cost accounting and engineering practices, Work Breakdown Structure creation and management, and work packaging strategy from engineering to construction
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including the ability to manipulate large amounts of data and perform complex functions within Access and Excel
• Proficiency in computer skills including, but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint and Primavera
• Experience with engineering and construction based cost systems (productivity, performance measurement, progress tracking, etc.)
• Experience with project control tracking/forecasting/scheduling software systems
• Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills towards the generation of solutions and sound decisions
• Strong communication skills, confident interacting with stakeholders in verbal, written and electronic form.