Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
The successful candidate will provide professional, timely, cost-effective and practical legal advice and support to the Contracting & Procurement organization in the United States, with a focus on operational contracts. As a contributor to a global team, an additional significant portion of the role will be supporting the maintenance and development of template contract documents, supporting tools, training and guidance to support the Contracting & Procurement function. Furthermore, the successful candidate may be required to provide support to Contracting & Procurement in the Americas as needed and agreed with the Managing Counsel, C&P Americas.
The Contracting & Procurement organization is fast-moving and demanding, with high expectations of its lawyers. Speed, accuracy of response and ability to work independently are essential, as are good client relations. As a member of a virtual team, open and frequent communication with other team members is necessary.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- JD from an accredited US law school is required.
- Minimum two (2+) years’ experience as a Licensed Attorney in good standing in Texas or another state in the United States (or have the ability to become immediately eligible to be admitted to the State Bar of Texas).
- Ability to draft with appropriate understanding and interpretation of the commercial intentions
- Ability to deal with a high workload, including working on a number of issues in parallel
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with clients at all levels and in a range of cultures
- Ability to understand and take account of business drivers and needs
- Attention to detail
- Strong academic background and capable of applying jurisprudence in real situations
- Commercial and creative thinking
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team and with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Some ability in written and spoken Spanish is a plus.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video