Subsea Project Engineer
Are you a Subsea Project Engineer and interested in joining the team of our client? Our client is a major oil and gas company, which is looking for a driven, independent and enthusiastic Subsea Project Engineer. The role will be located in St. John’s, NL.
The Subsea Project Engineer will report to the Manager, Subsea Projects and be responsible for a variety of related to the project.
- Promoting and supporting a safe and environmentally sound work culture;
- Developing and maintaining project engineering East Coast Management System Procedures;
- Developing project scope, design basis, and obtaining approvals as required;
- Providing Project Engineering support for subsea system design, installation and maintenance;
- Providing project support in interfacing with certifying authorities, C-NLOPB, or other regulatory stakeholders in matters related to project execution;
- Managing the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) Contractor during project engineering activities and offshore execution;
- Performing independent studies and analysis of subsea engineering system configuration, operability, installation, commissioning, and maintenance during project execution;
- Participating on the Emergency Response Team as Subsea Liaison and/or other duties as assigned;
- Providing offshore attendance in role as Client Representative during offshore execution works on diving and/or construction vessels;
- Monitoring all aspects of subsea installation work to ensure that project schedule, budget and technical requirements have, at minimum, been met or improved upon, and assisting with the development of budgets and work plans;
- Leading and participating in Design Review, HAZID/HAZOP/Risk Assessments, Constructability Review workshops etc.;
- Participating in orientations, training, exercises, seminars and workshops on topics relevant to duties associated with the position responsibilities;
- Ad hoc travel offshore via helicopter or vessel.
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience as client representative on diving and installation vessels would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Subsea Christmas trees would be an asset.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree;
- Member in good standing or eligible for Professional Engineer status with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL);
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar engineering role;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with subsea design, installation/intervention planning and implementation;
- Minimum of 1 year of offshore subsea construction / diving experience;
- Basic Survival Training including Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET)/ Helicopter Underwater Emergency Breathing Apparatus (HUEBA);
- Proven Contractor management/interface experience;
- Experience in offshore installation activities on diving / construction vessels;
- Senior level understanding of the role of health, safety, environmental, and quality management systems in the oil and gas industry;
- Knowledge of subsea control systems, subsea field architecture and operations involving subsea production/injection centers and operations;
- Experience with subsea system integration testing;
- Experience in subsea equipment project delivery;
- Experience and understanding of oil and gas processing and facilities installation would be an asset;
- Experience with installation design and management of subsea manifolds, pipeline systems (rigid and flexible) and the installation of risers into FPSO based subsea production systems;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience and training in Project Management would be considered an asset.
What We Offer
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 104 offices, across 35 countries we currently supply nearly 9,000 Technical Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements.
This Canadian based integrated energy company has upstream operations in Western Canada, Offshore Eastern Canada and interests in Southeast Asia. Our client ranks among the largest petroleum companies in Canada and they continue to strive to be a leader in value creation and are firmly committed to maintaining their successful record of continuous growth. Come and be a part of a Canadian vision!