Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Marathon Oil's Eagle Ford Subsurface Surveillance team is seeking a Geologist.- The Surveillance Geologist is a complementary role to the Execution Geologist in the AOR. Responsibilities include conducting surveillance of all wells in area of responsibility and communicating with Execution counterparts regularly to discuss performance improvements and emerging plays.- Technical work will include data acquisition and analysis, geologic risking, and production analysis.
This position will report to the Subsurface Surveillance Supervisor for the Eagle Ford Team.-
- Develop bench marking/competitor surveillance leveraging DI Analytics and DI Subsurface
- Provide support for completion recommendations
- Provide support to other EF teams conducting various studies (completions studies, spacing studies, etc.)
- Develop/maintain area seismic products including attribute volumes, time-depth models (as needed)
- Seismic interpretation/mapping
- Coordinate data storage and analysis
- Develop/maintain reservoir characterizations based on log and seismic data and geologic risking of reservoirs
- Conduct studies to identify and quantify trends in performance.- Feed information back to influence PODs , drilling, completions and manage well flowback and longer term flow strategy
- Provide technical information for partner presentations
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and plays
- Recommend and evaluate data acquisition programs
- Degree: Bachelors required, Masters preferred
- Major Discipline: Geology
- Years of Experience Required: Minimum 5 years of industry experience; unconventional experience is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work within a multi-disciplinary team to achieve project related goals.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for results.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize under pressure.
- Software Proficiency: OpenWorks, ArcGIS, GeoGraphix, HIS/DrillingInfo, Spotfire, Petrel
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.