Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
FINANCIAL ANALYST II
Reviews routine financial data from assigned business unit(s) and/or region monthly, with minimal supervision. Analyses irregularities and assesses whether financial data is compliant with internal policies and procedures and external regulations. Reports findings and interpretations for manager/supervisor's review and liaises directly with business unit management.
- Responsible for detailed account analysis and review of supporting data and reconciliations
- Monthly analysis of operational results, financial statements including review for compliance with company policies and procedures, US GAAP and Statutory regulations
- Recommend any adjustments that need to be made to financial data
- Development and presentation of financial schedules to management and external audit team
- Proposes improvements to systems and methods of work and analysis, ensuring that changes are continuously adapted to business requirements
- Actively assist department in special projects or as a project committee member, as needed
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Accounting or similar
- Minimum 5 years' experience within Accounting or Financial Analysis
- Theoretical and practical understanding of US GAAP
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- Experience with integrated accounting software
- Good verbal and written knowledge of English (multiple languages preferred)
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (e.g. calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Apply basic business math concepts)
- Advanced computer skills (MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.