Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell’s core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world’s energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.
The Technical Service Engineer is responsible for providing comprehensive hydroprocessing and Tail Gas technical support to Criterion Catalysts customers. This is an exciting role that interfaces Shell with external customers and help them improve their margins via catalyst solutions.
Typically this includes:
-Preparation and on-site advice for start-up and catalyst activation.
-Unit monitoring, providing trouble shooting and optimization advice during the catalytic cycle.
-Preparation of technical part of proposals to win business, both for retaining existing as well as winning new customers.
-Marketing of new products/services by demonstrating the technical benefits to customers.
-Activity exploring new business opportunities for Criterion/Zeolyst in the Asia Pacific market.
-Working closely with local PTD colleagues
The ideal candidate should have:
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering or a MS Degree in Chemistry (or equivalent) of Technical University (or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of refining in general and hydroprocessing and hydrocracking
- Strong communication skills are essential
- The individual must have strong technical skills and the ability to perform in-depth problem solving
- The individual must be proficient in use of spreadsheets and computer models
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience in refining technology support.
- Knowledge of heterogeneous catalysis particularly in the area of hydrotreating is a plus
- Ability/experience to cooperate with Shell PTD, the Shell Group as a whole and outside parties (clients, Engineering Contractors, etc.) is a plus
-Travel 50% of the working time
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video