Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck, Toolpusher
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: El Reno, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is in Woodward,Oklahoma.
Position Overview: Carries out a variety of physical activities on the well servicing or drilling rig floor or elsewhere on the well site as directed by the customer or well operator. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Field Supervisor-Rigs, Toolpusher, Operator
Directs Reports: None
- Performs initial completions, remedial or downhole maintenance operations
- Assists in servicing of gas and oil wells; transports rig and other vehicles to locations, rigs up/down, pulls/runs tubing, rods or casing
- Assists in removing or installing well head and associated equipment
- Lifts, attaches, installs, and works with matting boards and associated well equipment such as rod strippers, polish rods and pumps
- Operates rod wrenches, tongs, elevators and other associated rig tools and equipment during well servicing operations
- Assists with spooling or unspooling guy lines, placing and operating hydraulic jacks, and placing of emergency and safety gear
- Maintains tubing, rod tongs and hand tools on the rig
- Unscrews or tightens pipe, casing, tubing, and pump rods, using hand and power wrenches and tongs
- Dismantles and repairs oil field machinery using hand tools and power tools
- Cleans up spills
- Keeps pipe deck and main deck areas orderly
- Reports safety hazards, accidents or maintenance issues to rig operator or supervisor
- Drives company vehicles over various types of road conditions and terrains, including highways, rural roads including paved and gravel surfaces, and off road situations including two track roads as needed
- May work in shop or yard as required
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of basic mechanical functions
- Good verbal and written communication
- Basic problem solving and organizational skills
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, handling multiple tasks at same time
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Oilfield industry experience
- Clean driving record
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs
- Position requires long periods of standing and sitting and the ability to work long hours if necessary
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment