Skills: Rig Manager
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Salary: To define
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Rig Manager is responsible for all aspects of rig management for the assigned rig, ensuring effective operation in compliance with company, contractual and regulatory requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities (shall include but not be limited to):
• Develop key strategic and operational relationships with client representatives in pursuit of both client and company objectives.
• Responsible for planning and execution of 5 year rig maintenance schedule.
• Ensure that clients’ drilling schedules are achieved in compliance with company and industry guidelines and procedures, through appropriate management of manpower, equipment and materials.
• Take full responsibility for all key rig operations decisions, both operationally and strategically.
• Responsible for key decision making with regard to rig operations e.g. downtime/re-start operations based on evaluation of circumstances.
• Maintain rig operational records to ensure flag state is maintained.
• Ensure all rig operations are carried out in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with and effectively contribute to the continuous improvement of RMS, Heath, Safety and Environmental (HSE) related policies and procedures, and relevant authority regulatory requirements.
• Ensure the preventive and planned maintenance program is carried out in accordance with Company procedures, verify the integrity of all safety critical equipment and regularly participate in internal audits to ensure compliance.
• Provide reports as required by the organization and client, including KPI reports, monthly rig reports, variance reports, operating budget reporting and end of month rig utilization report.
• Actively contribute to all management and operational meetings.
• Provide recommendations and input related to rig personnel recruiting, hiring, transfer promotions and terminations; ensure that the company’s recruitment and disciplinary guidance protocol is adhered to.
• Manage change effectively.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with client personnel, ensuring effective operational performance and enhance new business opportunities.
• Liaise with appropriate regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with legislative and industry requirements.
• Ensure rig manning levels are maintained at appropriate levels to support operations.
• Provide visible leadership and serve as a role model to company employees.
• Mentor, coach and develop employees in meeting company expectations.
• Ensure rig crews’ competencies are developed and maintained.
• Develop and maintain own competence.
• Responsible for all costings and budgeting for rig movements and operations.
• Authorize weekly payroll and purchase orders as appropriate for rig.
• Authorize procurement of equipment or materials for rig, up to value determined by the country manager or VP of Drilling Operations, based on assessment of operational needs.
• Perform emergency responsibilities as per emergency procedure.
• Actively participate in office based safety programs.
• Develop and manage emergency response process and associated activities.
• Manage change effectively through participation in Hazard Management, Stop Work and/or Corrective Action Procedures.
• Assist in the management of and effectively participate in the SOAR program and encourage others to actively participate.
• Assist in the management of RMS, HSE related policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School degree (University degree preferred). Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
• Five years management experience in deepwater operations.
• Strong leadership and customer relationship skills.
• Completion of all training and certification requirements for Rig Manager position as described in the Rowan training matrix.