Centrica Business Solutions (part of Centrica) is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient solutions to clients in many private and public sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas.
Centrica Business Solutions (Europe’s leading CHP supplier) is recruiting and currently looking to fill the position of Junior Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation Engineer at our manufacturing facilities in Salford, Manchester.
- Location: Salford office, Manchester
Working for the New Product Development Department, this role is an opportunity to engage in design and development of control and power systems for the company’s Combined Heat and Power and Short Term Operating Reserve generator sets.
Accountabilities will involve, but not be limited to:
- Working closely with product, mechanical, software and manufacturing engineers to ensure timely delivery and the highest standard For new machines, determine the product requirements and develop a complete electrical design of the control panel, its auxiliary equipment and all related sensors and interconnections
- For existing machines, carry out ongoing updates and improvements.
- The design output predominantly consists of the control panel drawings, but also typically include engine harness drawings, cable schedules and block cable diagrams, bills of materials
- Provide support to sales, applications, production, commissioning and service departments
- Liaise with control panel manufacturers and other suppliers
The candidate will come from the electrical engineering background and have a strong understanding of design and operation of control systems. Experience in the control panel manufacturing or machinery industry would be advantageous, but is not essential.
To be considered for this role, the candidate will demonstrate
- Minimum of HNC in Electrical Engineering or other related fields
- Experience in the design of electrical control systems, LV distribution, electrical motor control and instrumentation
- Computer literacy, including AUTOCAD package
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.