Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
Skills: Project Management, Engineering Technician, Geologist
Other Skills: Oil, Gas, Petroleum Engineering, Engineering, Olie, Olieindustrie, Gasindustrie, Governmental, Government, Overheid
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Netherlands
We are looking for a
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Permitting Advisor will work closely with the Permitting Coordinator and will report to the Commercial Manager, Netherlands Business Unit.
Mission Statement of Position:
Responsible for the coordination and delivery of the (technical) content for all surface and sub-surface permitting related activities within the business unit (self and through others). Ensures that all permits are prepared and submitted in time to execute the planned activities for both brownfield and greenfield projects, and are maintained to ensure production operations remain in compliance with applicable legislation.
HSE: Maintain a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible workplace
- Clear understanding of HSE Leadership (understand and develop relevance to HSE, capability to drive improved HSE performance, being visible and demonstrating HSE behaviors);
- Conduct regular site visits;
- Participate in HSE meetings;
- Understand and apply principles/processes contained within local HSE Management System.
Permits (approx 75%)
- Coordinate permitting application and reception of new permits including revision permits;
- Ensure appropriate permits are secured for portfolio prospects to support development plans;
- Maintain permitting database where permits and permit conditions/requirements can be easily found and take responsibility to ensure compliance is met;
- Coordinate communication of all permitting requirements in liaison with the Asset team, HSE team, Land & Lease, Public & Governmental Relations (PGR) and Legal functions.
- Coordinate the verification, review and application of new and revised legislation with respect to permitting within the business unit and coordinate the implementation.
- Represent the permitting function towards the asset teams, project leaders and management team, providing input to and report on progress with planning & scheduling for projects and ongoing operations;
- Close communication and coordination with the central and local governments and municipalities as well as consultants and third party contractors involved in providing the requirements for permit submissions and permit maintenance;
- Communicate with support staff within the business unit involved with running a compliant business per the policies, procedures and work practices for the business unit;
- Assist in public information sessions and be able to explain the permit procedures and contents to attendees;
- Understand its use, application and applicability of permit details such as, but not limited to Quantitative Risk Assessments, Aerius calculations, ecological studies, archeological studies, Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and EIA Judgements.
Winningsplans (approx.. 25%)
- Support the asset teams in compiling technical information into Winningsplan (WIPLA) submissions;
- Coordinating the schedule of inputs to maintain timely submission of WIPLA's to remain in compliance and/or enable our development plans;
- Develop an overview of WIPLA submissions that will be updated on an annual basis and provide support to the asset team in tracking the field behaviour (production, reserves, seismicity, subsidence, and future development/exploration activity) against assumptions contained in original submissions;
- Support the Legal, Permitting and PGR functions with respect to understanding/communicating technical information contained in the WIPLA's;
- Providing a feedback loop to the technical teams when required to improve alignment with the regulators on approach to uncertainty and .assumptions in WIPLA documentation;
- Assist the department in public information sessions and be able to explain the permit procedures and contents to attendees;
- Gain familiarity with the technical content of the Winningsplans.
Cost Control: Monitor and control expenditures
- Assist in development of annual budgets for permitting related capital expenditures;
- Responsible for monitoring monthly performance of actual spending vs. plan and explaining variances;
- Assist the department in budgeting for and cost control of the permitting related activities, including review and approval of consultancy and 3rd party services.
Essential Experience & Skills
- 3-7 years industry experience in surface- and/or sub-surface related permitting activities;
- General understanding of the oil and gas industry in the Netherlands;
- Familiarity with technical concepts related to subsidence and seismicity in the Netherlands;
- Your technical skills will be combined with exposure to broader commercial aspects;
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills;
- Strong Communication skills both written and verbal including Dutch and English.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in a technical discipline such as Petroleum Engineering or other related discipline (preferred). Other disciplines combined with a demonstrable technical affinity may be considered.
Attributes & Characteristics
- Focus on value creation.
- Entrepreneurial approach.
- Use of technical expertise to drive strong results.
- Decision making that demonstrates responsibility.
- Initiative and accountability.
- Builds relationships through trust and respect.
- Flexible, influential and assertive when required.
- Netherlands based position, international company, headquartered in Alberta, Canada;
- Diverse asset base in Europe, Australia, US and Canada;
- 20-year history of market outperformance;
- Ranked among the Best Workplaces in Canada, France , Germany and The Netherlands;
- Challenging and inspiring environment that embraces teamwork and collaboration;
- Strong community investment and committed to giving back to the communities where our people live and work.
Vermilion is committed to ensuring we conduct our activities in a manner that will protect the environment and the health and safety of our employees, contractors and the public. Our HSE vision is to fully integrate Health, Safety and Environment into our business, where our culture is recognized as a model by industry and stakeholders, resulting in a healthy workplace free of incidents. All positions at Vermilion require a commitment to high levels of excellence in respect to HSE, reinforcing our corporate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Respect, and Responsibility.
For more information about Vermilion Energy, please visit our website at www.vermilionenergy.nl or go to our Vermilion Energy LinkedIn page.