Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Business Development, Sales
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Up to 90K plus commission
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Ward Leonard is looking for a Business Development Manager - a technical sales professional with a service background having the ability to develop new business in a variety of process markets within Pt. Arthur - Beaumont area.
Our successful candidate will build and maintain customer relationships in order to drive revenue and will work with our Engineering and Operations groups to meet objectives. The successful candidate will have an electro-mechanical aptitude, great attitude, be highly competitive, and is motivated by financial reward.
As the Business Development Manager, you will:
- Create new or incremental sales opportunities for company products and services within the downstream process markets.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas and objectives
- Work effectively at various management levels with the customer's organization to sell, close and implement sales of company's products and services
- Work effectively with internal sales and support personnel, engineering, and technical support personnel to ensure that the customer's requirements are met in a professional and timely manner
- Work with Sales Management Team on matters of pricing, internal channel or market conflicts, customer competitive issues, current and future customer needs including major market developments
- Analyze existing accounts and target accounts to develop a comprehensive sales plan that will maximize growth and penetration
- Initiate calls and develop contacts for new accounts in designated areas in order to provide application and technical information through sales presentations and demonstrations.
- Understand the customer's business plan and product requirements and effectively present solutions that meet customer's current and future needs
- Execute the sales process from initial point of contact, presentation, proposals, through closing of the sale.
- Utilize CRM system to optimize Sales Pipeline development
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Sales.
- Job requires 75% local travel, including phone communications and using a computer.
- Involves standing and walking in an office and a manufacturing facility.
- Requires ability to drive a motor vehicle and travel by air or rail. Requires a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Environmental / Safety / Time Allocation
- Spends approximately 75% of time in front of prospective and existing customers.
- BS or BA degree in relevant field a plus
- Exceptional Communication: Verbal, Written and Presentation
- Proficient or better in Microsoft Office products
- OEM Sales w/ documented and verifiable track record of meeting or exceeding quota
- 5-10 years' experience with proven success in process markets
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM system
- Motor / Generator repair experience preferred