Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Skills: Operations Management, Rig Manager
Other Skills: drilling operations, shore base, Rig Manager, budget.
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
COSL (Chinese Oilfield Service Limited) as a company, it is one of the leading player of Drilling Contractors and member of IADC, We are seeking for an Operation Manager for our Dubai Office.
The Operations Manager reports directly to the Vice President Operations. The Operations Manager coordinates and directs the overall operations in the specified area within the parameters of the Management System.
- The Operations Manager's accountability and responsibility is a key element of our Health and Safety Framework. To achieve our Zero Incidents, Zero Harm core value, leaders and employees across our entire organization must take accountability for health and safety.
- To actively embrace and participate in the Company's Behavior Based safety management tool.
- Ensure the interface of all shore based emergency response resources including those of the client operator in development of the shore based emergency response team.
- Periodically tests the preparedness of Shore Base Emergency Response support facilities and resources, including those of the Client Operator during offshore Emergency Response Exercises.
- Identifies and provides recommendations for securing local service providers in support of shore base activities, rig operations and Integrated Management System requirements including Waste Management and Emergency Response support.
- Supports QHSE efforts in the development and maintenance of rig specific HSE Cases through provision of technical data, allocation of necessary resources and closure of remedial actions identified within the context of the HSE Case.
- Provides guidance and direction to the Rig Manager in the area of operations.
- Liaise with Vice President to ensure conformance with the Company management system as it relates to rig operations and performance.
- Ensure Operations are in compliance with contractual obligations.
- Attends meetings with the Client and Client Contractors as required.
- Organize and/or participate in incident investigation depending on the nature and severity of the incident to ensure a full and thorough investigation process and reporting, follow up the implementation of the corrective actions.
- Provides supervision in the areas of training and competence assurance.
- Is involved in all phases of planning for operations.
- Acts as a liaison with operator and other third parties.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with Vice President Operations and Department Heads.
- Develop goals and objectives for his team.
- Holds subordinates accountable for drilling operations, maintenance, safety and cost controls.
- Supports Rig Managers for periodic performance review meetings with Clients.
- Ensures operations are scheduled properly so that performance is on time and within budget.
- Provides guidance and facilitates the procurement and installation of equipment critical to safety performance and operational up time.
- Supports the Technical Support and Modification Request (TMSR) process, monitoring and expediting the review, approval, execution and closeout functions of the process.
- Supports the Equipment Failure and Non Compliance reporting process, monitoring resolution and inclusion of lessons learned in the AMOS maintenance system when applicable.
- Ensures all international and local regulatory authority reporting requirements are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensures FCPA and Ethical Practice, and Conflict of Interest guidelines are followed for his area of responsibility.
- Is responsible for ensuring Grievance and Disciplinary procedures are followed.
- Oversees Inventory and Asset Control for his area of responsibility.
- 5-10 years of supervisory experience
- Minimum of 10 years drilling experience
- Offshore experience
- Familiarity with offshore drilling equipment
- Proven track record of managing a safe operation
- Previous experience as a Rig Manager
- Experience in developing and managing budgets
- Knowledge of structured management systems as it relates offshore contract drilling