TOOL & DIE MAKER II
Designs, machines, fits, assembles and finishes metal alloys to make and repair various types of tools, jigs, fixtures, punches, molds, gauges and types of intricate and complicated dies (sectional, progressive, compound ground, combinations blanking, piercing and forming, drawing and similar dies to high tolerances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Studies blueprints of die and product, die models, templates, and prototype parts and visualizes shape, mechanical structure, and operation of die.
- Computes dimensions, plans machining, layout and assembly operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, milling machines, drill press and grinder.
- Manufacture parts to specifications and verifies conformance of machine parts to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions, clearances and alignment of members and parts in die.
- Dowels and bolts parts together.
- Fits and assembles cam operated mechanisms for lateral movements of die.
- Smoothes flat and contoured surfaces and fits parts to each other.
- Dismantles die and repairs or replaces parts.
- Ensures quality of parts before forwarding them to the next operation.
- Works to tolerances as close as 0.0005 inch.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Furnish own basic precision measuring tools
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years training in formal apprenticeship or postsecondary program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years CNC experience.
- Ability to distinguish between different metals used in process.
- Working knowledge of basic metal cutting principles.
- Basic knowledge of tooling nomenclature.
- Basic knowledge of thread nomenclature.
- Minimum 1-year experience on conventional metal cutting machinery.
- Basic trigonometry.
- Minimum 1 year of EDM or WEDM experience preferred
- CAD experience and design preferred
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Basic understanding of trigonometry.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical machine
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.