Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Nederland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Saybolt - Port Neches, TX
Maintains ongoing relationships with existing (key) clients including occasional client visits. Intervenes when issues occur with clients and facilitates business development and sales activities within established pricing and contract terms. May accept inspection and related assignments - when required - and ensures timely delivery of inspection reports by coordinating and managing the complete workflow
- Ensures location staff carry-out activities in accordance with individual client instructions, Saybolt Standard procedures, Global Safety Manual, risk assessment, local standards/safety rules and Core Laboratories/Saybolt company policies
- Maintains ongoing relationships with existing (key) clients including occasional client visits
- Facilitates commercial activities within established pricing and contract terms, but does not set these. Serves as a communication link between clients and Business Development/Sales
- Acts as first point of contact for clients and has the ability and authority to resolve client issues or disputes
- Monitors timelines, communicates progress to clients (e.g. in case of delays) and intervenes when necessary
- May accept inspection and related assignments - when required - and ensures timely delivery of inspection reports by coordinating and managing the complete workflow between Operations and Account Coordinators, Inspection staff, Laboratory and Office Staff
- Reviews selected Inspection and Laboratory reports/forms for completeness, appropriateness and accuracy
- Review time records and coordinate/prepare client invoicing (e.g. issue invoices and monitor invoices overdue)
- May schedule and will participate in safety meeting, investigate accidents, and continually emphasize safety to all field personnel
- Review and approve field staff expenses, time records, incentives, etc., related to field activities.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant Customer Service or Inspection experience
- Knowledge of Petrochemical products, chemicals or other liquid cargo
- Current knowledge of local inspection requirements, and the Saybolt Inspection Handbook, Manual #4A
- Familiar with the procedures required to operate the inspection department as specified in the Inspection Operation Manual #4
- Good verbal and written knowledge of local language and English
- Interacts and communicates with Inspectors, job site personnel, clients, vessel and laboratory personnel in a proper, professional and business-like manner at all times to present Saybolt in the best possible professional light
- Has working knowledge of basic laboratory tests that are most frequently associate with the work performed at the location.
- Has a working knowledge of tank calibration procedures, relevant tables, and documentation.
- Has a good understanding regarding loss control procedures and related investigations.
- Has attended classroom training and passed appropriate examinations for managing field operations.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations (e.g. compute flow rate, ratio, percentage, quantities - linear, volumetric or weight - and marine geometrical calculations)
- Advanced computer skills (MS Windows, Word, Excel, company systems)
- Valid driving license and satisfactory driving record
- Safety Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Honesty and Integrity
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Planning and Organizing
- Empowerment and Delegation
- Decision Making
- Coaching and Developing Others
- The employee may be required (depending on location) to work irregular hours / shifts (including nights, weekends, holidays, and days off).
- Must be ready to accept job assignments at any time, including scheduled days off. Participation in the rotation of after hour dispatching activities may be required per the business needs.
- Must be willing and able to perform field inspection work as requested safely and in accordance with applicable standards. Must be able to work in refineries, and on board marine vessels as necessary.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee may also be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.