Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Senior Geologist position working for the Integrated Reservoir Solutions Division of Core Laboratories Canada. Our mission is to provide Core
Lab customers with a quality and timely solution to their reservoir problems by integrating the various technologies of the Core Lab divisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze, describe, record and interpret geological core data, i.e., porosity and permeability of core and chip samples, total organic carbon/rock eval estimates, various thin section observations, XRD/XRF, geomechanical Young's Modulus and Poisson's Ratio.
- Have a firm understanding of facies and depositional environments and ability to communicate ideas to the team.
- Project leader, responsible for geological mapping, integrating analyses with other geological, petrophysical, geochemical and geomechanical parameters to generate in depth industry reports.
- Proficient at writing technical reports under a time constraint.
- Work collaboratively with other geologists and lab personnel to evaluate core using analysis techniques utilized for exploration and development of petroleum resources in western Canada.
- Develop basin and prospect scale models of petroleum systems.
- M aintains active role in professional andindustry associations and organizations to stay abreast of technical
development and industry needs.
Master's degree in Geology recommended. Be registered, or willing to register with APEGA.
- Up to 3 years directly related experience in any or all of the following: geology, sedimentology, petrography, stratigraphy, mineralogy, and deposystems
- Additionally, the Geologist II should be able to sedimentologically describe core accurately and perform petrographic descriptions of sandstones, carbonates and/or mudstones along with point count
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of MS Office
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Seven to ten years of experience in the oil industry will be a minimum considered
- A strong desire to learn core analysis and description techniques
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Creativity and inquisitiveness
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Competency with the use of geological mapping software, i.e. Geoscout, Petrel, Geographix, would be an asset
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.