Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
JOB SUMMARYThe Petrophysicist is an integral part of the Engineering/Petrophysics team, and is responsible for providing the generation of high quality petrophysical analysis and integrating the results with other sub-surface disciplines in the Integrated Reservoirs Studies division
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs in-depth, well specific and regional petrophysical studies including full integration of core & log data.
- Provides cross discipline support and petrophysical evaluation in Unconventional and Conventional reservoirs including: siliciclastic, carbonate and fractured reservoirs
- Collaborate with Senior Petrophysicist, engineers and geologists to develop saturation-height relationships for use in geological and flow simulation models.
- Performs reliable industry standard formation evaluation in support of well operations.
- Works effectively as a team member, in additional to demonstrating a high degree of ability to work and think independent of direct supervision.
- Able to contribute innovative and new ideas and approaches to solving petrophysical problems in complex/mixed unconventional and conventional reservoir systems from around the world.
- Excellent Written & Oral Communication skills.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Bachelors (or higher) Degree in Geosciences, Science or Engineering.
- Minimum 3-5+ years current experience in petrophysical reservoir modeling, interpretation, and reserves estimation in unconventional and conventional reservoir systems in North America or other major oil and gas producing areas in the world.
- Have/currently working as part of a petrophysical/engineering/geological team to develop comprehensive, integrated reservoir interpretation for asset evaluation.
- Working knowledge of measurements made on core and the application of those measurements to measured log data.
- Good knowledge of core to log integration and resultant reservoir modeling
- Good understanding of the general applications of wireline and LWD logs, with wireline openhole log experience being a plus. Knowledge of resistivity and nuclear log physics.
- Formation tester tool and pressure transient analysis experience is a plus, as is image data processing and analysis.
- Good understanding of basic and advanced logging tools (imaging, mineralogy, NMR), response, and calibration
- Good understanding of core data required for core-calibrated petrophysical analysis and modeling
- Able to perform core-calibrated petrophysical modeling using advanced rock properties (geochemistry, geomechanics, NMR, etc.)
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language, as demonstrated in a publication record or written reports.
- Must be a self-starter who is proactive while still able to accept guidance from more senior staff,
- Must have demonstrate a sound understanding of petrophysics and be experienced in manipulating down hole wire line log data using commercial log analysis software.
- Handle multiple assignments and effectively prioritize work in a fast paced environment. Attention to detail is paramount.
PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell.
The employee may be required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job is typically performed in a normal office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles in other work areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.