Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Gillette, Wyoming, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Responsible for supporting daily oilfield operations through diverse job duties. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Directs Reports: None
Major duties to include one or more of the following:
- Safely works in a potentially hazardous environment and follows company directed safety guidelines
- Secures equipment and safely transports according to company policy and DOT regulations as necessary; may include pulling trailer with pipe
- Installs, repairs and cleans oil and water tanks
- Installs motors on equipment
- Operates high pressure power washing equipment
- Installs and repairs piping, valves, pumps, motors
- Installs and repair pipelines
- Repairs dikes, performs general ground work around well sites
- Responsible for access road upkeep and maintenance
- Conducts general cleaning of yard, tools, and equipment
- Communicates with supervisors or fluid techs on any issues
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent education
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- 1 year previous Oilfield experience
- Class A CDL
- Proficient with hand and power tools as well as heavy equipment
- Position requires long periods of standing and sitting and the ability to work long hours if necessary
- Ability to lift up to50 lbs.
- Ability to bend and kneel frequently throughout the day
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment