Skills: Heavy Machinery Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: La Barge, Wyoming, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Operates heavy machinery including but not limited to a backhoe, bulldozer, scraper, motor grader, compactor and track hoe while on location. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Field Supervisor, Construction Foreman, Area Manager
Directs Reports: None
- Operates required equipment safely to and from location
- Operates equipment doing assigned job task
- Completes the associated paperwork for each job to include BJSA’s, and equipment inspections
- Performs routine maintenance and repair of equipment
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- At least one year or equipment operation
- Ability to pass a Basic Physical, drug testing, background check, and DOT requirements
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Ability to lift and position vehicle equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit long periods while driving equipment in rough conditions
- Climb in and out of equipment multiple times daily
- Ability to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment