Skills: Drilling Foreman / Drilling Supervisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Williston, North Dakota, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Supervisor organizes the work schedule for rig hands in daily operations. Represent Basic Energy Services to customers, completes daily work tickets and gets approval and handles customer complaints. Organizes rig maintenance, enforces company policy and safety guidelines.
Area Manager or Area Superintendent
Operator and Rig hands
- Supervises Rig hands in daily duties and ensures everyone is on time and ready to go
- Develops and maintains customer relationships with existing and new accounts
- Delivers and reviews tickets with customer for approval and invoicing
- Handles customer complaints or issues and determines appropriate solution
- Counsels hands on proper work procedures and method.
- Evaluates new hands and makes determination for additional training
- Reviews daily work tickets and approve prices pursuant to rates quoted for the customer.
- Enforces safety for the yard’s rig operations in accordance with Basic’s BTS guidelines, which include safety inspections, safety meetings, and compliance
- Reviews and participate in Job Safety Analysis (JSAs) each day and ensures completion.
- Provides training for new hires, 30 day and annual reviews and continuously instructs hand on proper work procedures.
- Makes recommendations to yard management in hiring, discipline and termination of employees under his supervision.
- Observes and counsels hands on job sites, including safety procedures, use of cones, proper backing up procedures, JSA completion and MEDs participation.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Knowledge of Rig operations and OSHA guidelines
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task
- Bilingual skills are a plus
- Strong safety orientation
- CDL Class A
- Physical activity including long periods of standing.
- Must be able to lift up to 50+ lbs.
- Travel will be required to various job locations. Travel may be required for meetings and conferences
- Long hours may be required.
- Work is performed in all weather conditions outside in the field in all temperatures.
- Potential to work with oilfield chemicals or in hazardous environments.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment