Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Contracts Advisor located in Makati, Philippines through 3 July 2018.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides guidance on Annual Contracting and Procurement Plan (ACPP) and Contract Review Committee processes; manages ACPP within area of responsibility
- Provides guidance on the supplier qualification, Contract Compensation and Enablement, CF, and post award contract management processes
- Reviews documentation needed for SQ. Assure Scope of Works contain core elements
- Administers PACM activities and assures actions are complete in the appropriate system
- Prepares contract terms and conditions on contracts for in-country and international arena using approved contract models; understands and can educate business owners on the implications in the contracting process at an intermediate level
- Responsible for SQ and risk management for contracts and guides less experienced contracting professionals on documentation required
- Articulates transactability trade-offs regarding the various compensation methods and channels for contracts; evaluates and recommends options for situations requiring non-standard system setups; creates well written compensation schedules that maximize transactability.
- Leads teams in medium risk/value sourcing process; formulates contract/bid documentation models
- Prepares bid requests for new operations; creates and applies evaluation criteria (Sourcing)
- Provides analytical support for contract negotiations with guidance from subject matter expert (SME)
- Reviews scope of work for medium risk/value contracts, identifies and addresses gaps
- Acts as business unit SME on process interpretation and education; provides complex level input regarding process inefficiencies and recommendations
- Develops BU contracting processes (blue language) and or assists in periodic reviews of contracting procedure and in establishing key business process improvements
- Serves as a point of contact for both internal customers as well as the suppliers regarding contractual issues on contracts
- Provides guidance to company business owners in contracting policy, process, procedures, guidelines and best practices for medium risk/value contracts
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or business
- At least 5 years of Work related experience in contract formulation, negotiation of material and/or service contracts
- Experience in effective negotiation with contractors and completion of appropriate technical and commercial analysis to procure a variety of services at the best overall conditions
- Proven strategic sourcing and supplier management experience
- Abiality to educate contractors regarding risk sharing, use of standard Chevron contract forms, risk insurance, bidding and contract preparation
- Must have strong work ethics
- Strong analytical and decision analysis skills
- Established track record in building strong internal and external relationships with Business Partners and Suppliers
- Demonstrates ability to clearly convey concepts and objectives orally; in presentations and in technical reports; both with all internal company stakeholders as well as externally
- Strong track record of driving contract process through completion
- Knowledge on P2P process
- Experience in the oil and gas industry or manufacturing environment
- Experienced in using Ariba / Ariba Contracts Workbench
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.