Brief Posting Description
BASIC FUNCTIONS: Commissioning Manager will have full responsibility to direct and execute commissioning activities for a large scale offshore oil and gas floating production unit, and for implementing Wood Group’s Safety Policies and Procedures throughout the commissioning phases of the project.
· Responsible to prepare Commissioning philosophy, schedule and procedures during project Detailed Design phase.
· Responsible to commission and start-up all systems, completing the commissioning work-scope in a logical and controlled sequence and to the project specifications.
· Responsible for day-to-day commissioning activities offshore. Execute Commissioning Procedures directing a Commissioning Team consisting of commissioning engineers, technicians, Operations personnel, other contractors, and vendor support personnel.
· Support system handover and acceptance from Construction Team including system discipline walk downs and punch list generation.
· Report to the Project Manager on issues regarding commissioning, start up schedule and progress
· Interface with client management regarding commissioning and start-up.
· Ensure all commissioning resources are being utilized in a cost effective manner.
· Define system priority hand over list from Construction to Commissioning.
· Will direct or assist in developing Project Manpower Estimates and System Commissioning Schedules.
· Develop and maintain commissioning budget.
· Develop and review commissioning test equipment and material take-offs for onshore and offshore execution.
· Develop vendor call-out requirements and schedule for specialized vendor supplied equipment and overall vendor coordination.
· Prepare systems for final inspection and hand over to Operations Team after commissioning procedures are complete.
· Provide assistance in evaluation and selection of Commissioning Team staff members. Declare and assign roles and responsibilities for Commissioning team members.
· Need proficiency in MS Office Applications e.g., Word, Excel, Access, Power Point.
· Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate should be a motivated self-starter with complex problem solving ability. Excellent communication skills and team oriented personality required to interface with Construction and Operations Teams. A detailed working knowledge of offshore oil and gas process and topsides facilities is required including: power generation and distribution, control and safety systems, oil and gas separation, turbine driven gas compression, rotating equipment, utility support and lifesaving systems. Candidate will be responsible for the overall safety of the commissioning team and should be familiar with construction and commissioning safety processes including Permit To Work, Lock-Out/ Tag-Out, Company Safety Program and safety audits.
Education and Certifications:
· Degree in Engineering or relevant experience Oil and Gas production. Equivalent industry certifications and experience will be considered.
· 10-15 Years Offshore oil and gas platform Construction, Commissioning, Start-Up and Operations experience, particularly Commissioning and Start-up experience of large capital projects, multi-discipline deepwater facilities.
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC146380 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.