Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bellville, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a Lease Operator to join our team in Bellville, Texas. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintain onshore oil and gas properties.
This position will report directly to a manager.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- 5/2 Schedule; Must reside within a 45 mile radius of Bellville/ Hempstead, Texas.
- Perform basic to intermediate level pumping skills which include but not limited to: tank gauging, the proper operation of heater/treaters and 3 phase separators, and all attendant valve and oil seals and seal records.
- Ability to repair equipment as needed.
- Operate properties to ensure all regulatory, environmental and safety compliance issues and goals are met.
- Daily production reporting and scheduling of oil and produced water movement.
- Seek ways to reduce direct lease operating expenses by noting problems and/or recommending courses of actions to supervisor.
- Operate wells and artificial lift methods to optimize production.
- Work on all types of production equipment, pump valves, treater dump valves, gas regulators, etc. Identify potential problems.
- Monitor chemical and lubricating oil usage at wells.
- Various other field related activities as required by supervisor.
- Operate a vehicle safely in all weather conditions
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet stringent deadlines
- Knowledge/experience in production.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (familiarity with Microsoft Excel) and simple mathematical calculations.
- Must organize and plan daily work schedule. Must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends,
- Safety sensitive position subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- Valid driver's license and clean record.
- Work will require standing, stooping, walking, climbing tank stairs, carrying instruments weighing up to 80 pound
- Prefer a minimum of 2-3 years of experience.
- Prefer previous land (onshore) experience.
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC143378 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.