Skills: Field Development, Geophysicist, Seismic
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Attractive remuneration package
Location: New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
An opportunity is available to join an oil and gas operating company in the role of Seismic Interpreter based in the company's offices in New Plymouth.
The role will undertake development and production scale seismic interpretation work on the company's assets. The role requires the ability to undertake all aspects of seismic interpretation with particular focus on seismic reservoir characterisation in support of Field Development.
Responsibilities will include;
- Interpret seismic datasets to guide static and dynamic reservoir model building
- Provide geophysical input into well and reservoir intervention plans and activities
- Work with the QI and Senior Geophysicists to extract as much quantitative data on rock and fluid properties as possible
- Geophysical support to non-operated assets, exploration and new ventures as required
- Visualisation, interpretation and extraction of geological features using attribute analysis
Suitable candidates will have;
- Relevant tertiary qualification in a geoscience discipline
- Minimum 8 years petroleum industry experience
- Experience in interpretation of 2D and 3D seismic data
- Foundational skills in horizon and fault picking, well-ties and time-to-depth conversion
- Strong capability in combining seismic interpretation with stratigraphic concepts for static and dynamic reservoir model building
- Strong communication and team working skills
An attractive salary package is available for this role as well as the opportunity to work as part of a world class subsurface team.
Oil and Gas recruitment solutions, delivered by experienced Oil and Gas industry professionals. We are Patch Personnel.
Areas of specialisation include geoscience, reservoir engineering, production engineering and drilling and completions.