Skills: Heavy Machinery Operator, Truck / HGV Driver
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Knox City, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Summary description of position: Drives assigned equipment to and from customer sites to haul various types of fluids, materials or equipment. Assigned equipment could include chemical truck, transport truck or pump truck.
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Direct Reports: None
- Drives required equipment safely to and from location
- Loads and unloads cargo
- Completes the associated paperwork for each job to include pre and post trip inspections, work tickets and DOT logs
- Performs routine maintenance and repair of equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement
- Ability to pass a DOT Physical and maintain a current medical card
- Understand and comply with applicable DOT rules and regulations
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as a background check
- 6 months to 1 year experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Able to lift and position equipment weighing 75 - 100 lbs
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while driving
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while cargo is being loaded and unloaded
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties wearing protective equipment; H2S respirator where required
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment