Big Spring, Texas, United States
Big Spring, Texas, United States
Position Overview: Supervises the drivers and mechanics in the day-to-day operations of a yard’s trucking operations. Represents Basic to customers in making sales calls, getting work tickets approved, and handling customer complaints. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Area Superintendent or Area Manager
Directs Reports: Drivers, Mechanics, and Dispatcher
- Supervises drivers and mechanics in daily duties and ensures drivers are ready to go
- Develops and maintains customer relationships with existing and new accounts
- Delivers and reviews tickets with customers for approval and invoicing
- Handles customer complaints or issues and determines appropriate solution
- Counsels drivers on customer complaints or issues and advises drivers on corrective measures
- Evaluates new drivers during driving test and makes determination for additional training
- Reviews daily work tickets and approves DOT hours and logs and records prices pursuant to rates quoted for the customer
- Enforces safety for the yard’s trucking operations in accordance with the Basics to Success guidelines, which include safety inspections, safety meetings, and compliance
- Reviews driver Job Safety Analysis each day and ensures completion
- Conducts monthly truck inspections and reviews maintenance compliance with original equipment manufacturer
- Provides driver training for new hires, annual driver reviews and continuously instructs drivers on proper driving procedures
- Makes recommendations to yard management in hiring, discipline and termination of drivers and mechanics
- Observes and counsels drivers at water stations, disposal wells, and job sites, on safety procedures including the use of cones, proper backing up procedures, and truck positioning
- May be required to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Knowledge of truck operations, DOT regulations and OSHA guidelines
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- CDL with tank and HazMat endorsement
- Physical activity including long periods of standing and sitting.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Travel will be required to various job locations. Travel may be required for meetings and conferences
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Significant amount of time driving will be required.
- Work is performed in all weather conditions and may be either in a shop environment or outside in the field in all temperatures.
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment