Marathon Oil is currently looking for Energy Management Students that graduate May 2018 to work in the Land Department based in Houston, Texas. Marathon is looking for detail oriented graduates who are looking to start their career in the Land Department as a Land Analyst.- Marathon is looking for individuals who have a disquisitive and discerning mind; ready to learn and contribute to our Land Asset Teams.- Marathon currently has active unconventional shale plays in EagleFord, Permian, Bakken and Oklahoma (Scoop/Stack).
- Analyze and setup leases and contracts in the Tobin Land System.- -Ensure data standards and procedures for physical file and image processes for all leases and contracts are followed.
- Perform internal due diligence on company owned leases, contracts and wells to assist the Land Professional or Corporate Development in the preparation of commercial trades, acquisitions and divestitures.- Updating the Tobin Land System with the most current net acres and net revenue interest to facilitate accurate reporting and exhibits.
- Prepare lease assignments, exhibits for JOA's and Farm-Outs for the Land Professional as needed. Review monthly rental schedules and make initial rental recommendations for review by the Land Professional.
- Conduct Lease and Contract maintenance on the Tobin Land System to reflect Marathon-s current ownership (net acres and net revenue interest) and status of the Lease and Contract based on ownership changes (i.e. Assignments, Farm-Outs, Exploration Agreements, etc.).
- Review weekly spatial report to ensure that all lease and contract spatial is accurate and reflects the correct surface boundary and acres accurately represent Marathon-s ownership.--
- Assist the Land Professional in obtaining curative materials as required to satisfy Drilling Title Opinion requirements. Collaborate with the Division Order Analyst to provide necessary documentation for accurate Division Order setup and maintenance of Marathon-s interest and ownership.
Major: Energy Management or PLM Equivalent
Experience with ESRI-s ArcView, Drilling-Info and IHS is a plus
Microsoft Office (advanced Excel skill level) is required.
AAPL, NALTA or NADOA certification a plus-
Internship with E&P Companies a plus
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.