Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Longview, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Responsible for assigned snubbing functions to ensure continuous production consistent with established standards. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Directs Reports: None
- Communicates and interprets work instructions
- Uses safe practices during operations
- Understands operational requirements
- Supports preparation and loading of equipment, rig up operations, snubbing service operation, and rig down operation
- Supports all safe acts and has stop work authority
- May be required to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive snubbing, deep well horizontal work over experience
- Zero to two (0-2) years snubbing experience
- Knowledge of oilfield equipment
- Valid Driver’s license and acceptable MVR
- Ability to read and comprehend oral and written instructions and communicate/present information one-on-one or in small group situations
- Ability to work independently in an environment where priorities change quickly
- Basic math skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks
- Ability to handle problems, follow instructions and work in a team environment
- Basic computer and writing skills
- Must be able to travel as job requires
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Mobility, including entering confined spaces, enter areas by the use of ladders or other access devices up to 15 ft.; ability to bend, stoop, twist, stand, squat, crawl and walk
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions
- Ability to travel over 25%
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment