Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
1. Plan and supervise activities done in the Electrical Workshop with the support of the Rotating Equipment support team and Mechanical Workshop Engineer.
2. Coordinate inter-disciplinary works carried out in the central workshops as well as in Singapore-based workshops.
3. Supervise and appraise work undertaken by Singapore-based workshops.
4. Implement and enforce QA/QC system for workshop services.
5. Develop contracting strategy for motor servicing with the Central Maintenance Manager.
6. Keep abreast with the development and to adopt best practices technical solutions for repair of motors.
7. Efficiently manage spare parts for the repair of motors in the workshop and adequately equipped.
8. Ensure that all tools and equipment in the Electrical workshop are well maintained and calibrated. Ensure preventive & corrective maintenance activities are carried out as per schedule.
9. Review and update procedures with the Technical Assurance Team for overhaul and repairs for motors.
10. Assist in the promotion of HSSE and overall service performance of the contracted Singapore-based workshops.
11. Document and record equipment history handled by the Electrical Workshop with the aid of relevant system e.g. GSAP.
12. Compile Monthly Reliability KPI for motors handled by the workshop.
13. Provide necessary support to Plant Engineers in the areas of motor servicing.
14. Comply to HSE standard and requirements and be responsible for respective subordinates and 3rd parties.
15. Carry out any other related duties as required.
1. Required to pass the Bukom's in-house Safety Induction Course (SIC) and the MOM Oil & Petrochemical Safety Induction Course for Supervisors.
2. Implement assigned controls identified in the HSSE-MS, such as those in the Refinery Bowties, Hazard Sheets and HRAs.
3. Participate in/conducts audits related to quality, health, safety and environment.
4. Manage and issue permit-to-work under Timor, Kechil area as AGST or AE.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 of relevant experiences in similar or equivalent capacity
Preferably Registered EMA Technician License
- Knowledge and skills on electrical equipment.
- Possess good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly motivated, able to demonstrate leadership and team player.
- Knowledge on GSAP processes and software skills will be useful.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video