Baton Rouge, LA, Louisiana, United States
Baton Rouge, LA, Louisiana, United States
Skills: PR / Corporate Communications, Project Management, CAD / CAM, Civil Engineering, Design Engineer, Structural Engineering, Security, Drafting, Budget / Cost Control, Mechanic
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Salary: TBD depending on experience
Location: Baton Rouge, LA, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
NorthStar Energy Services offers engineering, procurement, project management, construction management, and consulting solutions to clients in the energy, petrochemical, and process industries. Our clients include oil & gas processing and transportation, refining, chemical, polymers, and industrial gases companies.
NorthStar has offices in Houston Grand Prairie, Texas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Our core employees have worked together for more than fifteen years, executing and managing projects around the country. Our team of professionals, from junior engineers to senior technical experts, has experience in applicable process technologies, program management, conceptual and design engineering, construction management, commissioning and start-up.
The Baton Rouge, LA location, focuses on Engineering and Project Management in the oil & gas industry. We produce detailed engineering for the Chemical industry and for Midstream companies on Pipelines, Pumps, Compressor & Meter Stations, Tank Farms and Gas Plants. We offer competitive compensation, one of the best benefit packages in the industry, job security and have a flexible work schedule. This engineering work will be managed in the Baton Rouge office, however being located in one of our two Texas locations is an option.
Job Title: Senior Civil/Structural Designer – Louisiana and Texas
- Coordinate project civil/structural activities including in house and vendor information with process, piping, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation disciplines.
- Perform layout studies and assisting lead Civil/Structural engineer in developing MTOs.
- Independently develop CAD drawings from sketches with minimal supervision for concrete and steel.
- Independently work with vendor information for pumps, transformers, buildings, etc. to detail foundations and skid designs.
- Set up drawings correctly using AutoCAD paper-space.
- Create foundation and steel location plans.
- Model all work in 3D using AutoCAD and CADWorx.
- Create 2D drawings to produce concrete foundation construction drawings with rebar details from Engineer's sketch or verbal instructions.
- Perform layout and design drafting of structural steel for various platforms, stairways, skids and other structural members using CADWorx 2016 steel module.
- Work with other teams to obtain reference information (using AutoCAD xref and overlay) for drawings.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of his/her work and work with project team to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Efficiently produce completed drawings with minimal errors and rework. Good habits of checking all text and linework before submitting for review by engineers is a must.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience providing structural drawings using AutoCAD and 5+ years experience using CADWorx Structural software.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience is a plus.
- Must be able to model all foundation and steel designs in 3D.
- Ability to create accurate civil/structural construction documents.
- Must have significant experience with concrete foundation details and structural steel details for pipe supports, cable tray supports, equipment foundations, platforms, walkways and buildings.
- Ability to work with in a team environment.
- Preferred: Ability to initialize projects in AutoCAD Civil 3D, utilize survey points to create contours for the base drawing, complete appropriate project sheets and design elements such as site finish grade design and horizontal control plans; paving, grading, and drainage plans; roadway plan and profiles; earthwork quantities; etc.
- Must have positive attitude and an exemplary work ethic.
Quanta Services safely provides engineering, procurement and construction services for comprehensive infrastructure needs in the electric power and oil and natural gas industries. With a workforce tens of thousands strong and offices across North America and abroad, Quanta is the premier provider in the industries it serves. Through a team of electric power and oil and gas service companies, Quanta Services is the complete solution.