Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout the world's most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Data Scientist will help discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. The primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. Candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. Candidate must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. Candidate must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development and business strategies.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling and machine learning algorithms to optimize business processes and thereby generate revenue for the company.
- Assess and enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Co-ordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 8-10 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Master's or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, etc.
- Experience working with Oil and Gas drilling data and time series data is preferable.
- Experience using web services: REST API, SOAP, WCF etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Proficiency using query languages like SQL, Hive etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Oracle, MySQL, Cosmos DB, Mongo DB etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using MicroStrategy, StreamBase, SpotFire, PowerBI etc
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.