Skills: Engineering Technician, Mechanical Technician, Workshop
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our client now has an immediate requirement for a tooling specialist to join their team on an ad hoc contract basis for offshore trips lasting 2/3 weeks. Candidate must have previous experience in a similar role to be considered for this position.
Provide technical support and oversee the rigging up and running of various downhole cleaning tools. Assembles and prepares tools for rig site delivery and oversees the related processes and procedures associated with mechanical
wellbore clean-up in the field.
Reports to Field Service Manager, Location Manager or Operations Manager
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review mud program to prepare orders and mixing plans
- Consult with rig crew during rig up, operation and retrieval of downhole tools
- Inspect and measure finished assemblies to determine conformance to specifications
- Oversee the related processes and procedures associated with mechanical wellbore clean up in the field
- Monitor effectiveness of downhole tool performance
- Answer client questions concerning operating parameters, dimensions, and product lines
- Review schematics, tool programs, and operator well completion diagrams
- Supervise drifting of individual tools and assemblies
- Supervise correct make up torque for tools assemblies, cleanup operations and transfer of tools
- Clean tools prior to loading into basket
- Interface effectively with company man and rig personnel
Previous Experience and Competencies:
3 to 10 years previous experience in a similar role