Longview, Texas, United States
Longview, Texas, United States
Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Longview, Texas, United States
Position Overview: Supervises day-to-day operations on the job site. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Area Manager, Field Supervisor –Pressure Pumping
Directs Reports: Equipment Operators, Drivers
- Supervises the crew at one location and prepares equipment to perform job
- Responsible for training of direct reports
- Works as part of crew on the job site and is considered the team leader
- Coordinates the clean-up, repair and preparation of equipment for the next job
- Enforces safety in accordance with the Basic’s to Success (BTS) guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Coordinates equipment and personnel in the field as necessary for the safe and effective completion of job
- Generates daily work tickets
- Promotes the services of Basic and maintains professional relationships with current customers and develops relationships with potential new customers
- Troubleshoots issues and consults with others in developing solutions
- May be required to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Class A CDL
- Minimum 1 year oilfield experience
- Knowledge of oilfield operations and associated equipment in the field
- Knowledge of the services performed in the field
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Basic computer skills
- Able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Driving a pick up to and from location; requires sitting for long periods of time
- Able to climb ladders and stairs
- Manual manipulation of valves and tools from a squatting position, often low to the ground
- Applicants must be able to pass a Work Steps physical fitness test
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment