The I&E Technician performs various maintenance duties such I&E maintenance, repairs, calibrations and improvements for all equipment in the assigned field.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and perform preventive and corrective field I&E technical service on instrumentation, controls and electrical equipment such as:
- Loop, pressure, temperature, shut down and alarm systems.
- Transmitters, controllers, recorders, valves, indicators, switches and fire & gas equipment.
- Distributive control systems, SCADA, gas flow measurement.
- Electrical power distribution and pneumatic panels.
- Meg out generator and electric motors.
- Perform emergency services as planned and directed.
- Troubleshoot breakdowns, diagnose faults and execute repairs.
- Configure, install and commission new instruments and controllers.
- Ensure all instrumentation, electrical and control systems are installed and maintained in a manner consistent with sound engineering and applicable codes.
- Examine I&E parts and supply inventory to ensure sufficient levels to achieve optimum production output.
- Perform root cause analysis on failures involving significant expense or downtime.
- Analyze repetitive occurrences and provide technical solutions in order to improve uptime and reduce cost.
- Work as a team with production and other maintenance staff.
- Knowledge of the oil and gas industry.
- Advance knowledge of electricity, PLC controls diagnostics and programming.
- Advanced skill with pressure, flow, level, temperature and analytical instruments.
- Knowledge of actuated and control valves, power distribution, MCC and switchgear.
- Comprehensive electrical & electronic diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Troubleshoot and repair platform instrumentation, safety, PLC systems, generator and perform PLC back-up requirements.
- Firsthand production equipment knowledge.
- Working knowledge of mechanical equipment required for oil & gas production.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Able to handle multiple projects at varying stages concurrently.
- Read, write and complete reports in a timely manner.
- Prioritize and plan work activity.
- Use time efficiently.
- Detail oriented.
- This is a safety sensitive position and is subject to random drug testing.
- Post job offer drug screening and a physical are required prior to being placed into active service.
- Work environment normally requires exposure to a typical offshore site where use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, welding masks, hard hats and steel toed shoes, etc., is mandatory.
- Physical labor is required.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to withstand prolonged time standing.
- Employees may be subject to repetitive motions.
- Ability to work in a work area where work temperatures may be affected by outside temperatures.
- Travel to worksite via marine or helicopter transport.
- Walk, climb stairs and ladders, crawl, sit and carry heavy equipment.
Competitive pay and excellent benefits.