The Instrument Fitter is responsible for working on offshore construction sites running cable trays, stainless steel tubing and pulling cable.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to run cable trays and stainless steel tubing.
- Perform basic well motor hook up.
- Pull cable through stainless steel tubing.
- Receive direction from supervisor.
- Read and interpret documents; such as, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and manuals.
- Understand platform facilities operating equipment and safety systems.
- Must have own tools & cutters.
- Acts with integrity, provides and accepts constructive feedback and resolves difficult issues or conflicts in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work offshore for some period of time.
- Must be able to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-workers, department and supervisor.
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Post job offer drug screening and a physical are required prior to being placed into active service.
- Physical labor is required.
- Must be able to work offshore and around heavy machinery.
- Travel to worksite via marine or helicopter transport.
- Walk, climb stairs and ladders, crawl, sit and carry heavy equipment (75-100 lbs.).
- Work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions.
- Work environment normally requires exposure to a typical construction area where use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hard hats and steel toed shoes, etc., is mandatory.
- Safety sensitive position is subject to random drug testing.
- Ability to walk, climb stairs and ladders, crawl, sit and carry heavy equipment.
Competitive pay and excellent benefits.