Skills: Marine Surveying, ROV Ops / Tech
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required):
Assist Supervisor with the technical installation and operation of Remotely Operate Vehicle (ROV)equipment on rigs, barges and vessels used in the marine environment. Minimum 1 year experience with Work Class ROV Systems (or similar experience)
ROV Pilot Tech Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform all shift activities with the highest regard to the health and safety of all involved
and to the protection of the environment and prevention of pollution.
• Will act under instructions from the ROV Supervisor / Senior ROV Pilot Tech.
• Drive vehicles to and from office locations, dock and heliports.
• Thorough understanding of underwater operations and equipment.
• Thorough understanding of Launch & Recovery System.
• Capable of assessing weather conditions and operational parameters for safe ROV operations.
• Co-ordinate the upkeep of ROV planned maintenance schedules.
• Load/unload equipment and install/uninstall it on vessels to be used in ROV operations.
• Perform other related activities and special projects that are required or assigned.
Technical school degree/diploma in related discipline preferred.
· MS Office skills, ability to quickly learn proprietary software and travel extensively are a must.
· Must have good listening skills and the ability to implement instruction and give instructions to others in English
· Requires current U.S. employment authorization
We are the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain your structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
Are you new to the workforce and just starting your career? Are you looking for new challenges in your field of expertise? Have you learned and acquired skills which translate easily into our global workforce? Fugro has opportunities for individuals at all career levels and experience. Explore the possibilities to Join Team Fugro!
10 Reasons To Join Fugro
Many of us have asked ourselves what are the compelling reasons that we love our jobs and what keeps us committed to this company. We want to share those reasons with you so that you know why we are so engaged and motivated by working for Fugro.
1 - We have been rewarded for our good work.
Fugro delegates responsibility to the lowest level possible meaning that there are outstanding opportunities to grow your career.
2 - We love being part of a great team.
Fugro’s team driven work environments allow us to succeed in and celebrate our work as part of a team.
3 - We work with the best and brightest.
Fugro is led by industry leading individuals who share their knowledge as mentors to others.
4 - We get to work with individuals from all over the globe.
Fugro’s diverse culture and global footprint means that we get exposed to people and cultures from all over the world.
5 - We have learned more working at Fugro than any other time in our career.
Fugro is committed to providing ongoing training and development to the staff.
6 - We chart our own course.
Fugro’s global presence means that there are virtually unlimited opportunities to grow and work internationally.
7 - We want to come home at night and we care about the communities in which we work.
Fugro has a strong commitment to health, safety and the environment.
8 - We get to work with some awesome tools.
Fugro has a passion to employ technology and innovation in the workplace.
9 - We sleep well at night knowing Fugro is a strong and stable company.
Fugro has been in existence for more than 50 years and during that time has continued to grow and prosper.
10 - We get to be part of something greater than just a Company.
Fugro is committed to corporate social responsibility and this is expressed through charitable support and volunteerism in the communities in which we live and work.