Skills: Hydraulic & Pneumatic, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB'S FUNCTION
Maintenance mechanical technician is responsible for mechanical maintenance, repair and installation of production line plant and equipment involved the manufacture of offshore buoyancy equipment. This is to support a 24 hour production plant operation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOBHOLDER
• Service, maintain & repair production plant and equipment
• Repair of plant and equipment to ensure minimum downtime to production
• Fault finding and diagnose problems with production line plant
• Working with Manufacturing Engineers to install new and replacement plant and equipment.
• Record maintenance activities carried out plant and equipment.
• Calibration of plant and equipment within ISO 9001 standards
• Ensuring all maintenance operations are carried out in accordance with safety and quality procedures, risk assessment and safe systems of work.
• Assisting electrical engineers to carry out their tasks when required.
• To maintain a safe & tidy working environment.
• Must be prepared to work on a rotational shift pattern
• 24 hour call out support when required
• Must be time a served engineer with minimum 5, ideally 10 years relevant experience.
• ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or related subject.
• Working knowledge of Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
• Working knowledge of Pumps and vacuum systems
• General factory mechanical machinery, plant & equipment
• Extensive practical experience in a similar role.
• Experience of maintaining & servicing rotational machines,.
• Relevant health and safety training.
• Good diagnostic/fault finding skills
• Welding- electric arc/MIG/TIG
• Plant and equipment calibration
Triton Energy Solutions focuses on delivering permanent and contractor recruitment to the Energy, Marine and Defence sectors. With 12 years recruitment and search experience, Triton’s Managing Director believes in bringing the Human Element back into recruitment, ensuring candidates are communicated with from initial contact through to closure with the upmost respect and honesty.
Bringing back the human element ensures our clients get the highest quality of service. We aim to work in partnership, as an extension of your business, discussing your requirements with our candidates in significant detail making sure they are fully briefed on your business and vacancy.