Skills: Pipeline Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Three Rivers, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
***Must be located within 60 miles of Three Rivers, TX and availalbe for a 5/2 schedule***
To support all pipeline operating functions including the O&M of pipeline facilities, basic instrumentation and controls, pigging activity, and compressor stations in accordance with company policies/procedures and DOT regulations.
- Assist with pipeline operations and maintenance activities and possess basic knowledge of production equipment and flow process. .
- Familiar with pertinent State and Federal regulations and adhere to all Company procedures and DOT regulations.
- Participate in the company's operator qualification program by becoming proficient in assigned covered tasks.
- Responsible for all one-calls and line locating activities, knowledge of 811 and Korweb systems and tools.
- Familiar with and capable of performing pigging operations on both oil and gas lines.
- Able to complete inspection, maintenance, safety and regulatory reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for operating and basic preventative maintenance on pipelines, measurement equipment and associated valves.
- Must maintain skills and knowledge through required training program(s) and adhere to company safe work practices and procedures.
- Familiar with required pipeline inspection frequency intervals. Able to conduct surface condition inspections and perform leak surveys. Document findings accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of (3) three years + of pipeline operations and maintenance experience.
- Understanding of oil and gas pipeline, facilities, and station facilities
- Fundamental knowledge of instrumentation and controls associated with pipeline facilities.
- Valid driver's license.
- MS Office skills: Excel spreadsheets, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Knowledge of and experience with SAP preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as a leader and/or as a member, including interfaces with field operations, Gas Control, Safety, Measurement, and Facilities Teams.
- Capable of performing duties independently with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Ability to Interact, and work with producers, customers, vendors, contractors, service companies, regulatory agencies, and the public.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability applicable to pipeline operations, maintenance, and optimization
- Good communications and people skills
- High ethical and HSE standards
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Capable of working in vigorous outdoor oilfield activities, have manual dexterity with physical ability to work extended hours, able to climb, bend, kneel, twist, squat, and extend arms above head, stand for long periods, work in open right of ways, work in confined spaces, work in outdoor environment, lift and carry 50 pounds in day-to-day work, drive vehicle.
Driven by Safety, Guided by Compliance, Focused on Production.
Improving efficiency and reducing costs, all while meeting safety requirements, is the challenge faced by every operator in the oil and gas industry. It’s a challenge, though, that Island Operating Company has been accepting and exceeding for over a decade.