Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Installation Engineer, Asset Integrity Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is a unique opportunity to become an integral part of our Integrity team contributing to the management of the integrity of pressure systems. This will include providing a permanent offshore presence and taking ownership of Written Schemes of Examination, inspection regimes, inspection methodology, defect assessment, fit for purpose assessments and repair strategies for offshore pressure systems, in direct support of the onshore Senior Integrity Engineers.
You will provide active support to the Competent Person and actively support the specific goal of ensuring PUK pressure containing assets remain fit for purpose until the projected end of field life dates.
You could work across any of our offshore manned assets and will be working a 2 week on 2 week off rotation.
Key responsibilities include
- Be part of the Integrity team, providing an offshore engineering presence in addition to the inspection teams, specifying inspections and ensuring that all integrity threats are adequately addressed through inspection and repair.
- Responsible for reviewing the adequacy of written schemes of examination (WSE) and adjusting inspection plans to address the as found condition of equipment to enrich and focus inspection reports for any unforeseen integrity threats as well as routine planned WSE scopes.
- Review, update and provide clarity to inspection asset lists to the offshore Inspection Team Leader by communicating priorities and inspection expectations. Monitor progress of inspection execution to ensure inspection due dates are met and inspection resource is adequate to meet the planned workloads. Communicate progress with the Senior Inspection Engineer and advise on need for any adjustments.
- Inspection Quality - In conjunction with the SIE and OIEs, provide constructive feedback to the Inspection technicians on the quality of their reports to continuously develop and improve competence, and report quality and accuracy.
- Review inspection findings, perform fitness for service assessment and propose updated written schemes of examination (WSE) to appropriately address and manage the future integrity of equipment by population of PUK's WSE electronic database (TiM).
- Repairs and Fabric Maintenance
- Identify repairs where necessary and propose, raise and review repair orders and fabric maintenance recommendations by population of MAXIMO.
- Assist Senior Integrity Engineer to energise and initiate timely execution of repair orders and fabric maintenance activities necessary to maintain legal compliance and safe future service.
- Ensure that repair order assessments remain current and that overdue repair orders are appropriately reassessed for safe continued use.
- Communicate integrity concerns appropriately to the onshore Senior Integrity Engineer and when required, to the wider business and provide strategic updates on emerging issues and integrity projects.
- Regulatory - support the team leader with HSE liaison for technical discussion, audits and any consents and licences for new and existing facilities.
- Support the Senior Integrity Engineer by contributing towards the preparation of an annual pressure systems integrity summary and overall fitness for service statement.
- Support the Team Leader and Senior Integrity Engineer in the timely review and management of P-Trac items against designated asset.
- Support offshore operations in assessing day-to-day safety issues. Required deliverables include auditable input into isolation reviews, risk assessments and incident investigations, where necessary.
- Contribute to internal failure investigations and act on conclusions from such investigations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Conduct audits of inspectors, inspections and overall integrity management processes as requested by the onshore integrity team.
Safety Critical Tasks
Immediate recognition of defects & anomalies which represent a serious threat to safety/integrity and timely/appropriate communication, notification and advice to integrity engineers, line management and operations staff as appropriate.
Compliance (HSE) - Ensure regulatory compliance assurance and communicate with the external HSE and internally with HSE Dept. Required deliverables include attendance at required meetings and reviews and ensuring the operation remains in compliance with the safety cases and other legal requirements, maintaining good relations with external agencies.
Risk Management - Understand operational risk to ensure that Perenco UK are not taking inappropriate risks in executing their work. This requires a good knowledge of HSE acceptable standards and risk management tools.
Experience / Qualifications
- Recognised academic qualification in an Engineering discipline (or similar) with Incorporated or Chartered status (or working towards it). This is a minimum requirement.
- Experience in the Process or Petrochemicals Industry and/or the onshore/offshore oil & gas industry is preferable. Relevant experience should include pressure vessel design, risk based inspection planning, fitness for service assessment, plant inspection and repair planning.
- With an analytic eye for detail, you should have a pro-active, hands on and innovative approach to problem solving and good interpersonal, IT and communication skills.