Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Doha, Qatar
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Qatar
Scope of Work
This position is situated under the Piping and Pipelines Lead.
The job Owner will:
• Support the implementation of PVV yearly objectives as specified in NOC annual objectives.
• Implement NOC Quality policy and continuous improvement plan.
• Implement NOC HSE policy and objectives within PVV team activities.
• Ensure safe and timely completion of projects.
• Ensure NOC rules, standards and procedures are followed in the execution of projects.
• Contribute to cost saving in budgeting and projects are executed within the estimated time
frame and cost.
• Contribute to no damage to any NOC or other operators' assets and environment in the course of
• Develop and maintain a high level expertise within the piping stress analysis and strength calculation.
• Be Technical Reference Person (TRP) for piping stress analysis as well as to manage all other Piping engineering
discipline activities(i.e. Piping Lay out, material take offs, development of specifications, material requisitions, etc.).
• Ensure and promote the application of NOC HSE and Safety Engineering rules and specifications.
• Ensure that contractors comply at all times with safety rules, taking actions as required in case of disregards.
• Promote safety culture within NOC personnel and contractors as well as reporting of anomalies.
• Define, specify and carry out necessary technical studies in order to propose robust and optimized technical solutions for RFM's and brown field projects.
• Ensure technical compliance of the contractors with project specifications and requirements.
• Lead/participate in technical review of the bidders' proposals and prepare technical recommendations accordingly.
• Review and approve piping engineering deliverables received from Contractors for Basic / Detailed Engineering.
• Contribute to verification that all engineering design, procurement and construction activities comply with NOC safety, quality and cost objectives.
• Develop NOC standards, guidelines and procedures.
• Promote and support innovation and cost reduction initiatives in the piping discipline.
• Support OPS/FOPS for the shutdown activities and to achieve the budgeted production level for the field.
• Report to PVV & PLR Lead on a weekly basis and when decisions impacting E&C activities must be taken.
• Coordinate preparation of piping stress analysis and calculations notes.
• Coordinate preparation of isometrics, supports drawings, supports lists.
• Define, specify and carry out necessary technical studies in order to propose robust and optimized technical solutions.
• Participate to development of scope of work, cost estimates, budgets, and technical dossiers for
CFTs for piping related activities.
• Participate in the supervision of offshore piping survey campaigns to ensure technical compliance of the contractors with the Contract/Frame Agreement.
• Interface with Procurement Dept., NOC Engineering & Construction entities for engineering related issues.
• Participate in KOM with contractors, JRA/work permits meetings in liaison with FO entity.
• Minimum Qualification: B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Recognized expertise in the field of Piping engineering of oil & gas facilities, in particular within the field of piping stress analysis and strength calculation.
• 15+ years of experience with minimum last 10 years of professional experience in Piping engineering in offshore oil and gas industry in an Operating company or major Engineering Consultancy companies environment .
• Good sense of team spirit, peer leadership, strong interpersonal /soft communication skills.
• Fluent in English - both Verbal and Written.
The deadline for submitting the application is 30th of May 2018.