Anchorage, AK, US
Anchorage, AK, US
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Anchorage, AK, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Facilitates the acquisition of materials for an assigned group of categories and suppliers using a standardized procurement process that meets business needs while adhering to Client Corporate standards and mitigating financial and liability risks, including, but not limited to:
- Creating purchase orders in SAP and administering the lifecycle of a purchase order from requisition receipt to supplier payment.
- Selecting an appropriate source of supply.
- Evaluating vendor quotes to determine most cost effective solution.
- Utilizing system tools and capabilities to expedite material deliveries.
- Verify invoice accuracy and facilitate timely resolution of discrepancies.
- Effectively communicating with suppliers and client groups.
- Compliance with ConocoPhillips policy and industry regulations. Typically 7+ years of experience. Senior level. Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in a given field. Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems. Influences others to achieve objectives. Often provides specialized/technical/functional guidance to others within department and/or business asset.
The Buyer/Purchasing Specialist IV position will work in the Alaska Capital Projects Supply Chain team. The position will be responsible to coordinate, purchase, and expedite materials for a portfolio of small capital projects supporting the Greater Kuparuk and Western North Slope oilfields. A minimum of five years applicable oil industry prior experience along with a strong conceptual understanding of engineered materials and related dependencies between engineering, procurement, and materials management disciplines is required.