Skills: Well Control, Well Servicing & Testing
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Garden Grove, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Summary description of Position: Supervises crew that performs different tasks on the well servicing rig ensuring all company policies are adhered to as well as enforcing rules regarding safety and PPE requirements.
Reports to: Field Supervisor - Rigs
• Performs routine operating functions and trouble shooting on all equipment with direction from operations personnel as well as the client company representative
• Provides operating reports to the Field Supervisor- Rigs
• Tests and monitors equipment using correct procedures
• Trains and directs the crew on the safety and job procedures
• Establishes daily maintenance program for the rig
• Verify the equipment and record the data into a log
• Operation of the drawworks and assessment of down hole conditions, and well pressures.
• Oversees the setting up, taking down, and transportation of drilling and service rigs
• Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
• Knowledge of basic mechanical functions
• Previous operation and safety experience as Derrickhand or Floorhand
• Level 1 Well Control Certification required
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
• Class B CDL
• Position requires long periods of standing
• Ability to climb stairs and/or ladders
• Ability to lift 50+ lbs
Typical working conditions and hazards:
• Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions
• Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery and exposure to chemical substances and loud noises
• Exposure to loud noises
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment