Skills: Safety Officer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT (REFINING)
SAFETY OFFICER (REF I & II)
Primary Purpose of Job
Protect the safety of people and assets by evaluating and approving PTW activities, by ensuring compliance with all QP HSE Policies, Mandates, Regulations and Procedures; and by supervising PTW inspections and routine maintenance activities.
• Graduate in Engineering or Science of Engineering
• Nebosh Certification
Experience & Skills
• 8 years of experience in Safety field including 5 years' experience in Refinery or Oil and Gas industries.
• Knowledge of Refinery process units, product storage Tanks and support utility units, jetty, product pipelines .
• Ability to read and interpret Engineering Drawings like PFD, P&ID's
• Knowledge of Safety Management System, promotional activities, project safety management and contractors Safety management.
• Strong leadership, supervisory, problem solving, presentation, investigation, negotiation, Computer, data interpretation and compilation skills.
• Ability to write specifications and prepare mandated reports, write procedures, perform field inspections, risk assessment, review/prepares proposals and work effectively with various teams.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.