Skills: Painting / Coating / Blasting, Warehouse Person, Workshop
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: San Angelo, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Carries out a variety of physical tasks at the designated yard or facility in a safe manner. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Shop Forman, Area Manager, Area Superintendent, or Field Supervisor
Directs Reports: None
Major duties to include one or more of the following:
- Assists with the loading and unloading of supplies and equipment
- May assist in cleaning the shop area, painting, and retrieving parts and tools
- Installs and maintains equipment
- Cleans yard
- May deliver and pick-up parts which could include pulling a trailer
- May be required to operate forklift
- Operates a variety of equipment
- Assists with general repair and maintenance work as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Mechanical aptitude and experience
- Detail oriented
- Flexible in dealing with frequent changes or unexpected delays
- Must be able to work a variable schedule which could include evenings and weekends
- Ability to follow instructions and to also work independently
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Valid driver’s license with clean MVR
- Forklift Operator certified
- Position requires long periods of standing and sitting
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend and kneel frequently throughout the day
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment