Skills: Fabrication, Welding
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Position Overview: Construction, maintenance, modification and repair of company equipment.
Reports to: Fabrication Lead
Directs Reports: None
- Performs diagnosis and repair on equipment and/or structure for problems in accordance with company and industry standards and safety procedures
- Performs maintenance, repair, fabricating, welding, remodeling and construction on a variety of metal products from samples and sketches
- Performs manual forging, shaping, straightening, sizing, dressing and heat treating of metal products
- Operates acetylene acting torch, welding machine, mig machine, and grinders
- Inspects and maintains equipment and work area ensuring a clean, safe and hazard free work environment and equipment in proper working condition
- Keeps proper records of materials used and hours worked for billing purposes
- Maintains and orders adequate stock of all necessary supplies
- Inspects completed work for conformance to established specifications
- Leads or supervises the work of other welders on assigned job orders as needed
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Previous welding experience with a minimum of one year experience
- Must have certification or ability to pass a welding test
- Ability to operate various kinds of welding equipment in a safe manner
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, sketches and charts
- Ability to work in a team environment and perform under all types of weather and physical conditions
- Ability to interact with others and communicate effectively
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Valid driver’s license
- Position requires long periods of standing and sitting and the ability to work long hours if necessary
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment