Skills: Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Fugro's GeoConsulting Service Line merges the talents of Fugro's Geophysics, Geology, Geohazards and Geotechnical Engineering resources. Our staff perform integrated engineering and geological investigations by combining geophysical, geological, geotechnical and geochemical information to develop a holistic understanding of site conditions as they relate to subsea engineering issues associated with offshore energy development.
Fugro is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill a Consultant Geotechnical Engineering role within our GeoConsulting team in Houston, TX, part of the world's foremost geo-intelligence company, with capabilities that range from state-of-the-art data collection to sophisticated modeling and engineering analysis. The successful candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and creative. As this is a senior level role, you will primarily be overseeing the geotechnical engineering work performed on challenging offshore projects, including data collation, interpretation and analysis using cutting-edge tools to characterize the seafloor and the underlying rocks and sediments. Working together as a global team, you will be expected to achieve extraordinary results in a demanding and challenging business environment that is constantly changing.
Roles And Responsibilities
· Developing, planning, coordinating, and directing project technical aspects (leading technical work for unique, complex projects)
· Implementing technical assurance processes with assistance from Group Manager and Technical Advisors
· Active involvement in marketing and new business development, including preparation / review of proposals
· Building and maintaining positive professional relationships with staff, clients, potential clients, subcontractors and key Fugro personnel worldwide
· Supporting technical advancement with the Geotechnical group and seeking consistency with best practice methods across wider Fugro geotechnical community
· Engaging in internal innovation projects and seeking opportunities for collaborative external innovation
· Supporting technology transfer within local, regional and global groups by leading and promoting training sessions (internal and external) for suited areas of expertise
· Promoting business line and company reputation through regular publication in technical papers, conference participation and committee membership
· MS or PhD in Civil Engineering required from accredited engineering university (geotechnical emphasis is preferred)
· Minimum 10 years of engineering experience in a consulting environment
· Strong problem-solving skills with respect to technical issues
· Strong knowledge and understanding of soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering
· At least one area of geotechnical speciality recognized by peers and evidenced through publication record
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with peers, subordinates and superiors
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Ability to support and foster support toward the company Quality Management System
· Ability to perform multiple projects simultaneously
· Proficiency in MS Office and technical software applications (finite element analysis experience would be advantageous)
· Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Texas or ability to obtain registration by reciprocity
· Valid driver's license with acceptable motor vehicle record
· Previous experience in marketing technical services would be advantageous
· Some travel (domestic and international) may be required
· Willingness to work offshore occasionally as required would be advantageous
The successful candidate will play a key role on a dynamic team in an exciting and challenging market, with significant opportunities for skills and career development, and a clear path to advancement within a global company. A high degree of initiative and attention to detail are essential, along with strong communication skills. By its very nature, this role requires a person who is flexible.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
We are the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain your structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
Are you new to the workforce and just starting your career? Are you looking for new challenges in your field of expertise? Have you learned and acquired skills which translate easily into our global workforce? Fugro has opportunities for individuals at all career levels and experience. Explore the possibilities to Join Team Fugro!
10 Reasons To Join Fugro
Many of us have asked ourselves what are the compelling reasons that we love our jobs and what keeps us committed to this company. We want to share those reasons with you so that you know why we are so engaged and motivated by working for Fugro.
1 - We have been rewarded for our good work.
Fugro delegates responsibility to the lowest level possible meaning that there are outstanding opportunities to grow your career.
2 - We love being part of a great team.
Fugro’s team driven work environments allow us to succeed in and celebrate our work as part of a team.
3 - We work with the best and brightest.
Fugro is led by industry leading individuals who share their knowledge as mentors to others.
4 - We get to work with individuals from all over the globe.
Fugro’s diverse culture and global footprint means that we get exposed to people and cultures from all over the world.
5 - We have learned more working at Fugro than any other time in our career.
Fugro is committed to providing ongoing training and development to the staff.
6 - We chart our own course.
Fugro’s global presence means that there are virtually unlimited opportunities to grow and work internationally.
7 - We want to come home at night and we care about the communities in which we work.
Fugro has a strong commitment to health, safety and the environment.
8 - We get to work with some awesome tools.
Fugro has a passion to employ technology and innovation in the workplace.
9 - We sleep well at night knowing Fugro is a strong and stable company.
Fugro has been in existence for more than 50 years and during that time has continued to grow and prosper.
10 - We get to be part of something greater than just a Company.
Fugro is committed to corporate social responsibility and this is expressed through charitable support and volunteerism in the communities in which we live and work.